FOR FRESH CANDIDATES
- Admission into the college is made strictly on the basis of merit and is governed by the college admission rules. The decision of the Admission Committee regarding admission is final.
- A candidate seeking admission into the college in the HS 1st year / TDC1st Semester class must apply on the prescribed Admission Form issued by the College Office on payment of Rs. 150/- (Rupees one hundred and fifty) only, including the Prospectus and Academic Calendar, on or before the last date of submission.
- It is to be noted that maximum enrolment in any of the Elective Subjects in a class is restricted to 180. Hence, the Elective Subjects (in both H.S. and TDC levels ) may be selected preference wise by the Admission Committee from the subjects mentioned by the applicant in the Admission Form.
- At the time of admission candidates are requested to produce original copies of -
(a) Marks-sheet of the last qualifying examination.
(b) Character Certificate/ Pass Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
(c) Caste Certificate/ Gap Certificate/ Other relevant Certificate(s) wherever necessary from competent authority.
(d) Certificate showing candidatesí Date of Birth. Candidates are also required to submit one additional stamp size recent photograph for Identity card at the time of admission.
Merit list for admission into various programmes will also be hanged on the College notice board before the date of admission.
- As per Govt. rules a few seats are reserved for students belonging to SC, ST,
OBC, MOBC and Physically Challenged categories. A few seats are also reserved for
deserving candidates in extra-curricular activities and for sons/ daughters of the
employees of Tihu College.
Candidates seeking admission against reserved quota must submit the requisite certificates issued by the competent authority along with their Admission Form.
- Major subjects in TDC 1st Semester must be allowed by the Heads of the Department concerned before the date of admission, subject to a maximum number of 40 students per class per semester.
- If a student desires to change his/ her subject after taking admission, he/ she must apply to the Principal within 7 days from the commencement of classes. However his/ her application may be granted on the basis of availability of seats in the concerned subject, with the nod of approval by the Head of the Department concerned.
Admission of Unsuccessful Students
- The unsuccessful students of H.S. 1st year Exam can take admission as Casual Students just after the completion of regular admission in H.S. 1st year.
- Unsuccessful candidates of H.S. (Sc) Final Examination who appear from this college shall have to attend requisite number of practical classes. The same rule will apply to unsuccessful candidates of H.S. (Arts) Final Examination, if they have Geography or Computer Science as a subject. Therefore, those students shall have to take Casual Admission in H.S. 2nd year class as notified by the College Authority.
- Unsuccessful candidates of TDC-3rd year Final Examination under G.U. appearing from this college shall have to enroll their names as Casual Students or to take permission from the college Authority to appear in the Final Examination.
Admission to BCA & PGDCA Courses
- Separate admission forms are issued for BCA and PGDCA courses from the college office. The dates of admission into these courses are notified by the Principal, Tihu College, which normally fall within the months of June and December.
- Admission must be taken in every semester.
- Admission fees will be fixed by the College Authority.
- For detailed information students may contact Prof. R.K. Bhuyan, M.Sc., the Course Coordinator.
- A girl student seeking admission to the college hostel must apply on the prescribed form issued from the college office.
- Hostel admission will be finalised after a personal interview with the candidate, parents and/or local guardian. The interview will be held in the presence of the Principal and the Warden.
- Admission to hostel is only for one academic session. Re-admission to the Hostel is made afresh each year.
- Hostel admission fee and caution money (refundable) have to be paid at the
time of admission.
- Two poor but meritorious students (one each in Arts & Science Streams) in TDC 1st Semester are given the opportunity of FREE ADMISSION by Dr. K.K.Talukdar, Principal, Tihu College, Tihu, in memory of his father Late Hem Ch.Talukdar. Students who are desirous of availing this opportunity should apply to the Principal after ensuring that their names have appeared in the Selection List.
- All College fees (except GU/AHSEC related fees, e.g. Tuition Fee, Admission Fee, Enrolment Fee, Registration Fee and Studentsí Union Fee) will be exempted for Rank holders of SEBA/ AHSEC examination at the time of admission into Tihu College.
- As a gesture of social responsibility, Tihu College has taken initiative to enroll 10 and 5 numbers of meritorious and deserving poor students freely in the TDC level Arts and Science stream respectively from the current academic session. In those cases, the students have to show proper documents in their favour.